Tuesday, January 20, 2009

1.20.09

Today was the inauguration of our 44th president Barack Obama. I watched it all day on t.v. it's the first inauguration I can actually remember watching and caring about. I was surprised on how many people I saw on t.v. down on the national mall. The Lincoln memorial is quite a distance to the capital and yet the entire thing was full. It was really cool to see but I am glad I wasn't on the mall since it was so cold.

I was surprised on how short the swearing in ceremony actually was. I guess the last one I actually saw was when I was younger so it seemed a lot longer. In about 20 minutes we had a new vice president and president. I was proud of our boys! The parade was a totally different story. They started late, and it was just so long. I'm still watching it as I type and am not totally into it anymore. By the looks of it neither are the peopl who actually went to D.C. to see the parade. They all seemed to abandon ship after Obama walked/drove the parade route.

Today was still good. I had work off, and just got to relax and watch the inauguration in bed with my dog in the warmth and comfort of my own home. I just hope Obama doesn't give a lot of people an "I told you so" moment!

No comments: