Sunday, April 6, 2008

Bon Voyage?

My family has gone on a cruise and left me landlocked. I really wish I could have gone, I wasn't even asked which makes me sad. They are going for a wedding and I'm bummed my mom didn't include me in their plans to go. She told me "You and Dan are you own family now." Which can't be further from the truth and only makes me more depressed.

Dan and I have been together for over 3 years now. (hard to believe I know!) The reason her saying that makes me more depressed is that it makes me wonder "When the hell are we going to get married?" We have been through things together I wish we hadn't but has made us basically bonded together for life whether we like it or not. We have been through so many ups and downs lefts and rights its ridiculous. I know I'm going to be the last one to get married out of all of my friends because they are ALL engaged or married already. (which I am so happy for them, don't get me wrong.!) I just want it to happen already, I know people say I'm young, but at least a long engagement? That would be a miracle!

I went to my first Idleminds band practice today in Waldorf, MD. It was pretty exciting, and I got to meet all the people Dan plays with and understand his frustrations with the long drive. I hope me going helped him. I didn't want to be the "unsporting girlfriend."

No comments: